Deck Nine & Feral Interactive
© 2021 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. LIFE IS STRANGE and LIFE IS STRANGE: BEFORE THE STORM are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Ltd.
Life is Strange: Before the Storm
Life is Strange: Before the Storm is a new three part; standalone adventure set three years before the first game. You play as sixteen-year-old Chloe Price who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel learns a secret about her family that threatens to destroy her world, it is her newfound friendship with Chloe that gives her the strength to carry on. No longer alone the girls must confront each other's demons and together, find a way to overcome them.
- Players take on the role of a queer protagonist and their relationship arc with another character. This gives players the chance to explore the opportunity to explore the protagonists queer perspective - Meeting the Queer You criteria
- Protagonist is undeniably queer – a change from the first game’s (Life is Strange) option of ambiguity.
- Narrative features many well-developed and written female characters who exercise their agency.
- The element of choice within the game has improved from the first game (Life is Strange). Players have more agency in defining the characters relationship with an intimacy level that fluctuates depending on how you interact.
- Themes of grief, murder and sexual assault.
- Falls into the ‘Bury Your Gays’ trope.