© 2018 MidBoss, LLC.
2064: Read Only Memories
2064: Read Only Memories is a retrofuturistic take on the point-and-click adventure genre that features a rich mature narrative and unique gameplay challenges hidden within the beautiful interactive pixel scenes. The deeper you delve into the life of your missing friend, the further you get entangled into this tale about the dark side of technology. In this game Humans, Robots (known as ROMS) and Hybrids (Humans with cybernetic enhancements/genesplicing) live together in Neo-San Francisco in the year 2064 AD. The narrative follows the growing tension between humans, Hybrids who are “pushing the boundaries of what it means to be human” and ROM robots who exist only as personal assistants.
- Players exist in a world that is inherently queer but are also given the opportunity to construct and explore their own gender and sexuality expression – Meeting both Queer World and Queer Me criteria.
- Midboss, the company behind LGBTQ+ gaming convention GaymerX, created 2064: Read Only Memories as a response to their queer gaming documentary Gaming in Color.
- Players play in first person and can choose pronouns such as "she/he/they/xe/ze/custom” while other NPCs adopt a variety of pronouns in this diverse cyberpunk world.
- Your robot companion Turing (whose namesake is Alan Turing, the LGBT scientist) ponders about adopting a gender pronoun and opens up a dialogue with the player about the construction of gender – can robots even have a gender?
- Exclusive Features to Nintendo Switch include: Remastered side-story, PUNKS, HD Rumble brings the experience into the palms of your hands, Extra features includes 55-page digital artbook, soundtrack, trailers and more.